- Met prepares for Pride in London celebrations
- Transport for London reports record high levels of cycling in the capital
- Luxury Fashion and Jewellery Pop-up at Morton’s Private Members Club
- 2019 – 30th Ealing Beer Festival
- Contemplate – free art exhibition exploring identity through food
- Olympia live at The Old Blue Last
- Life Goes On – Free Screening
- Secondhand Furniture sale
- Bubble Rush – Avery Hill Park
- Innervisions Festival | Janet Kay & Carroll Thompson
Ye Vagabonds at the Lexington
Brothers Brían and Diarmuid Mac Gloinn grew up playing music together around their hometown of Carlow, a small town in the southeast of Ireland. After moving to Dublin in 2012, they quickly became a staple of the live music and session scene in Ireland, playing their own original songs as well as folk songs from Ireland, Scotland, England and America.
Since then, the brothers released their eponymous debut album to critical acclaim, and shared stages with Villagers, Roy Harper, Glen Hansard, and Lisa Hannigan. In 2018 they were nominated for a BBC Folk Award on the strength of their self-released and largely self-written debut album, and received several nods from the RTÉ Radio 1 Folk Awards. They spent the year touring throughout Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe, and took part in the Celtic Colours Festival in Cape Breton before returning home to work on their second LP.
Ye Vagabonds’ new LP The Hare’s Lament is an album of traditional songs learned from some of the greats of Irish music; from precious archive recordings of a grandfather they never met; from the unique collection of singer Róise na nAmhrán from Arranmore Island in Donegal (their mother’s birthplace) and from contemporaries in the singing communities around Dublin, of which Ye Vagabonds are a valued part.
Plus guest: Josh Geffin
Known for his inventive fingerpicking guitar style and poetic lyrics, Josh Geffin is a singer-songwriter from Dorset who has been performing on the London folk since since the mid-2000s.
Ye Vagabonds plus guest Josh Geffin perform at the Lexington on Monday 27th of May 2019.
Music | Ye Vagabonds at the Lexington