- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Yakuza Tattoo- Exhibition & book launch
We are extremely proud to be hosting an exhibition/book launch event to coincide with the paperback release of Yakuza Tattoo by Andreas Johansson. A selection of large scale pieces will be exhibited. The author will be here available for a chat, Djs and Japanese rare whisky!
The book offers a unique insight into the world of the infamous Yakuza and their body art and is a documentation of Andreas Johansson’s three weeks spent with one of Japans most senior bosses and the world that goes with it. Having immersed himself in their world he got the opportunity to meet and photograph more than 30 members of Masuda-gumi — a gang connected to the Yamaguchi-gumi, Japan’s largest yakuza family.
The Hardback was originally released in May 2017 on Document Press to both critical and public acclaim across the world.
Andreas Johansson is Director of SASNET (Swedish south Asian studies) at Lund University. He holds a PhD in History of Religion and is one of a small number of persons that have been allowed to photograph and interview members of one of the world’s most secretive organizations.
Yakuza Tattoo- Exhibition & book launch will be held at The Seveney on Thursday 14th of March 2019.
Culture | Yakuza Tattoo- Exhibition & book launch