- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Workshops are Beautiful full day: London
In the age of info overload, visualization of data, information and knowledge has incredible potential to help us quickly understand, navigate & find meaning.
But how do you create effective, interesting and, above all, useful data-visualizations and infographics?
David McCandless, founder of Information is Beautiful, shares his concept-driven process and method for creating successful visualizations in this rare workshop, giving you a chance to ask questions and get feedback on your work.
# What will you learn?
In a one-day (6.5 hour) workshop, attendees will specifically learn:
- » concepting and the generation of good, interesting ideas ripe for visualization
- » creating, selecting and executing appropriate & effective visualisations
- » designing and beautifying charts & diagrams
# Be broadly introduced to:
- » how to use dataviz as a new lens for communication of ideas and stories
- » the many new methods and approaches for visualising data
- » a playful creative approach to data, based on exploration and discovery, for better results
- » how to combine design-thinking and statistical rigour without compromising either
# What’s the style of the workshop?
Expect a fun, informative experience that is interactive and hands-on: pens, paper, sketching, sharing etc. All with a solid underpinning of best practice.
# This workshop would be useful if you’re:
- » wishing to translate written reports, research and messaging into impactful visual form
- » wanting to better understand the practice of data journalism and story-telling with data
- » needing to succinctly communicate issues or data points to specific audiences
- » a “word and ideas” person looking to translate your concepts into design language
- » a “visual / design thinker” wanting to expand your approach to include data
- » a “data / code” person looking to improve aesthetics and conceptual prowess
# What will I come away with?
Everyone leaves with their own datavizzes created on the day, a unique limited-edition handout pamphlet, and a slide deck. David will also sign copies of his books and pose awkwardly on the end of selfie-sticks.
The event Workshops are Beautiful full day: London will be held at Cubic Theatre on Wednesday 13th of March 2019.
Business | Workshops are Beautiful full day: London