- Freud in Prison by Freud Museum London
- Free From Festival London UK’s 1st Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free
- Ye Vagabonds at the Lexington
- Pop Up Africa’s – Africa at Spitalfields 2019
- Cornish rock trio William The Conqueror heading to London’s The Lexington
- Scott Lavene – Unveils sci-fi ‘Superclean’ Video
- The Twang return with brand new single Everytime
- Frankie Lee – Celebrates the release of ‘Stillwater’ at Omeara this month
- Thinking on Sunday: Women of Westminster – The MPs Who Changed Politics
- Memory: short films Session
Toby Wiggins – Artists Talk at Heatherley School of Fine Art
Since leaving the Royal Academy Schools in 1999, Toby has been developing his painting and drawing practice. He has exhibited widely, being selected a number of times for the Royal Academy Summer Show, BP Portrait Award in 2006), Holborne Portrait Prize, Discerning Eye, Jerwood Drawing Prize and the New English Art Club.
Toby has been teaching part time at the Arts University at Bournemouth (AUB) since 2006, where he tries to pass on some of the principles he learned from such notable artists as Norman Blamey R.A., Leonard McCoomb R.A. and Saied Dai RP NEAC.
Toby was elected to the Royal Society of Portrait Painters in 2006, winning the Changing Faces Prize that year. In 2006/7 he worked his way around Dorset making portraits of the rural community. This was exhibited at the National Portrait Gallery in 2007 and then Dorset County Museum in 2008. He won the Worshipful Company of Painter-Stainer’s Prize for figurative painting in 2009. He won the Prince of Wales Drawing Award in 2005 and 2013.
Toby focuses on portraits and landscapes, with observation and drawing being integral to his practice.
Toby Wiggins – Artists Talk will be held at Heatherley School of Fine Art on Monday 18th of March 2019.
Culture | Toby Wiggins – Artists Talk