- Freud in Prison by Freud Museum London
- Free From Festival London UK’s 1st Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free
- Ye Vagabonds at the Lexington
- Pop Up Africa’s – Africa at Spitalfields 2019
- Cornish rock trio William The Conqueror heading to London’s The Lexington
- Scott Lavene – Unveils sci-fi ‘Superclean’ Video
- The Twang return with brand new single Everytime
- Frankie Lee – Celebrates the release of ‘Stillwater’ at Omeara this month
- Thinking on Sunday: Women of Westminster – The MPs Who Changed Politics
- Memory: short films Session
Toby Hughes and Abel Selaocoe will perform at Church of St Bartholomew the less
2018-19 Lunchtime Recital Series at St Bart’s the Less, double bassist Toby Hughes is joined by leading cellist Abel Selaocoe for a unique joint recital.
Presenting rarely-heard works for cello/double bass duo, Hughes and Selaocoe will perform works by prolific Czech composer Zdeněk Lukáš and American bassist/composer Edgar Meyer. They’ll also present a selection of solo works by Jean Françaix, Luciano Berio, and Luigi Boccherini.
Edgar Meyer Duo for cello and double bass
Emil Tabakov Motivy
Luigi Boccherini Sonata for cello and basso continuo in A major G. 4: I. Adagio
Jean Françaix Theme and variations (excerpts)
Zdeněk Lukáš Duo di Basso
Luciano Berio Psy
Giovanni Sollima arr. Selaocoe Lamentatio
Zdeněk Lukáš Rondo
Book to be sure of a seat.
Toby Hughes is one of the UK’s leading double bass soloists. A true virtuoso, Toby has exceeded the perceived limitations of his instrument by being the first double bassist to win the Bromsgrove International Music Competition, the ROSL string section final, and the Tunbridge Wells International Young Concert Artists competition.
He has performed at the Edinburgh International Festival, Queen Elizabeth Hall, and St Martin in the Fields, and he regularly plays with the renowned 12 Ensemble. This year he looks forward to further recitals at St Martin in the Fields, Wiltshire Music Centre, and a concerto with Chandos Symphony Orchestra.
Toby joined the CMF Artist Programme in September 2018
South African cellist Abel Selaocoe explores the capacity of the cello across a plethora of genres, from collaborating with beatboxers and world musicians, to giving concerto performances and solo classical recitals. He is currently on the International Artist Diploma course at RNCM studying under world-renowned cellist Hannah Roberts with the support of Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Jellis Bequest.
Toby Hughes and Abel Selaocoe will perform at Church of St Bartholomew the less on Wednesday 20th of March 2019.
Music | Toby Hughes and Abel Selaocoe