- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
The Toastmasters Experience: step up, connect and grow
City of London Toastmasters is pleased to host a special Open House Meeting on 5th March.
About the event:
It’s that time of year when New Year’s resolutions are fading, winter is dragging on and we need a boost to re-energise us – why not join us at the City of London Toastmaster’s Open House night?
Do you want to overcome your fears about public speaking and leading in an encouraging, fun and professional environment? This is your chance to step up and speak confidently in all areas of your life.
City of London Toastmasters is one of the top speaking clubs in London, and one of the most social! This open house night will give you a taste of our members and speakers, in what will be an interactive, energising and inspiring evening of people (maybe you) having a go in a safe environment and stories from our members.
We always welcome guests but this night will be especially tailored to the needs of guests, making it a great night to bring your friends. You can expect an upbeat, high-value evening – whether you want to be inspired to get more out of Toastmasters, to take the leap and start your speaking or leadership journey or to have a fun and educational evening with likeminded people.
We will also provide pizza and refreshments, hoorah!
Watch Louise Taylor our VP Membership share what you can expect from the event here.
Who are we?
People like you! We are people focused on fulfilling our potential in our work and personal lives by developing our public speaking and leadership skills. Our membership of 50 is made up different nationalities and currently includes city-based professionals, small business owners, students, senior managers and coaches.
City of London is part of the worldwide family of Toastmasters Internationalclubs.
Event details and FAQs:
- The first half of the meeting will be the opportunity for as many people as possible to practice a 1-2 minute impromptu speech in a safe environment, to ease yourself in and get comfortable being upfront (only if you wish to).
- There will be an extended 20 minute break for pizza, soft drinks and a chance to network and interact with our members and speakers. If you have dietary requirements, please email email@example.com.
- The second part of the meeting will be composed by prepared speeches and interactive evaluations from club members, with a focus on their personal Toastmaster’s journey and how they have applied what they have learned as speakers and leaders.
- You do not need to be a member of Toastmasters to attend or to join on the night. Everyone is welcome! You will be asked to enter your name and email address at the entrance in case you wish to be contacted in the future.
- The event will be held in the main church hall and we head to the Hoop and Grapes for drinks after (everyone welcome).
The Toastmasters Experience: step up, connect and grow will be held at Saint Botolph Without Aldgate on Tuesday 5th March 2019.
Business | The Toastmasters Experience: step up, connect and grow