- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
The Story of Nina Simone: A Live Performance at The Blues Kitchen
We’re exploring the life and music of one of America’s most prolific and influential composers. New Orleans born Acantha Lang will be performing Nina Simone’s greatest hits over two live shows.
Nina Simone’s remarkable voice and virtuosic piano playing allowed her to weave a legacy of liberation, empowerment, passion and love through a magnificent body of work. Her extraordinary career spans several decades, from her 1959 breakthrough ‘I Loves You Porgy’, to 1960s civil rights ballads like ‘Sinnerman’, through to her commercial success with ‘My Baby Just Cares for Me’ in the 1980s.
Originally from New Orleans, Acantha Lang learnt her trade in New York, playing in the cities top venues, where she was likened as “an amalgamation of Tina Turner, James Brown, and Janis Joplin”.
Accompanied by a full band she will perform Nina’s most iconic and inspirational melodies, paying homage to this totemic presence in soul music history through the musical legacy she has left behind.
The Story of Nina Simone: A Live Performance at The Blues Kitchen Thursday 24th January 2019.
Music | The Story of Nina Simone: A Live Performance at The Blues Kitchen