- Met prepares for Pride in London celebrations
- Transport for London reports record high levels of cycling in the capital
- Luxury Fashion and Jewellery Pop-up at Morton’s Private Members Club
- 2019 – 30th Ealing Beer Festival
- Contemplate – free art exhibition exploring identity through food
- Olympia live at The Old Blue Last
- Life Goes On – Free Screening
- Secondhand Furniture sale
- Bubble Rush – Avery Hill Park
- Innervisions Festival | Janet Kay & Carroll Thompson
The Off Piste Awareness Talk
The Offpiste Awareness Talks are a series of live multimedia talks about how to have fun and be safe while riding off piste this season. It covers avalanche awareness and much more about how you can build your knowledge and confidence to go off piste with or without a guide.
The talk is brought to you by Henry’s Avalanche Talk and Ortovox. With thanks to Ellis Brigham and The Ski Club GB for their support in making it happen.
There are two versions of the talk:
The Essentials –
A must see talk, full of ‘essential’ information for all off-piste skiers, no matter how experienced you are.
In depth –
Understand exactly how avalanches are triggered (for those who have already seen the Essentials Talk).
This event is the Essentials Talk, this talk helps you answer the critical question “Is it safe out there?” We explain that there is no simple yes or no answer, the right answer is it depends on you.
It depends on:
- Where you go and when,
- How you go down or up and
- How well prepared you are.
The hour and a half ‘Essentials’ talk uses compelling images, videos and stories of accidents, great skiing along with close calls with danger. In this talk, Chris Radford will deliver a risk management formula that will help you to see how skiing off-piste can be no more dangerous than the activities that you engage in each day.
It is worth watching every year, people often tell us that they get more out of this talk each time they attend or watch it online.
The Off Piste Awareness Talk will be held at Ellis Brigham on Wednesday 9th January.
Training & Health | The Off Piste Awareness Talk