- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
The Man in Black: Celebrating Johnny Cash at The Blues Kitchen – Camden
Every Friday in Camden we bring you the finest soul, funk and rock & roll across two live shows and DJs playing ’til late. From Aretha Franklin to Fleetwood Mac, our world famous house band deliver your favourite vintage dance sounds throughout the night. Sing-along soul, foot-tappin’ funk and raucous rock & roll – this is Camden Got Soul.
This week we celebrate the music and legacy of one of the best-selling musicians of all time, Johnny Cash.
From an early age, Cash, who began writing songs at age 12, showed a love for the music that enveloped his life. Sensing her son’s gift for song, Carrie Rivers Cash scraped together enough money so that he could take singing lessons. However, after just three lessons his teacher, enthralled with Cash’s already unique singing style, told him to stop taking lessons and to never deviate from his natural voice.
Join our house band, The Beekays as they play out all of Cash’s greatest hits, both as a solo artist and the numerous duets he recorded with his wife June Carter. Expect to hear “Folsom Prison Blues”, “I Walk The Line”, “Ring of Fire”, “Get Rhythm” and many more over the course of the night.
Our live bands will keep you shaking and jiving til the small hours with two live performances over the course of the night. And our DJ’s will keep you shakin’ in between bands, with the finest vintage dance sounds.
The Man in Black: Celebrating Johnny Cash at The Blues Kitchen – Camden will be held Friday 22nd February 2019.
Music | The Man in Black: Celebrating Johnny Cash