- Freud in Prison by Freud Museum London
- Free From Festival London UK’s 1st Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free
- Ye Vagabonds at the Lexington
- Pop Up Africa’s – Africa at Spitalfields 2019
- Cornish rock trio William The Conqueror heading to London’s The Lexington
- Scott Lavene – Unveils sci-fi ‘Superclean’ Video
- The Twang return with brand new single Everytime
- Frankie Lee – Celebrates the release of ‘Stillwater’ at Omeara this month
- Thinking on Sunday: Women of Westminster – The MPs Who Changed Politics
- Memory: short films Session
The Good Soldier Schwejk will be screened at Sands Films Studio
The Good Soldier Schwejk is a comedy. It is a political comedy. Its subject is the utter criminal absurdity of war. It is a stage adaptation of Jaroslav Hasek’s unfinished masterpiece.
In 1914, 3.35 million young men were called up to fight the War in Austro-Hungarian Army. 1 million of them died, and The Good Soldier Schwejk was born. In 1923, The Good Soldier Schwejk gains fame in a Czech satirical serial.
In 1926 The Good Soldier Schwejk is translated into German and becomes a huge success. His name spreads across central Europe. On the eve of the Second World War The Good Soldier Schwejk comes to England when Joan Littlewood puts him onto the stage in Manchester.
During the Cold War , the Korean War , the Vietnam War, The Good Soldier Schwejk triumphs at Stratford’s Theatre Royal and in various other incarnations on stage, in films and on TV. With the War in Afghanistan, the War in Iraq, the War in Syria, The Good Soldier Schwejk is back again: He is at Sands Films with a lot more to say.
Cast includes: Joe Armstrong, Kevin Brewer, Sean Gilder, Shona McWilliams, Michael Mears, Aaron Neil, Alfie Stewart, Andrew Tiernan and Michele Wade.
The Good Soldier Schwejk will be screened at Sands Films Studio on Monday 11th of March 2019.
Film | The Good Soldier Schwejk