- Soen performs at O2 Academy Islington
- Disruptive writing for the 21st century author
- Mamma Roma (Subtitled) + Intro and post-film discussion
- The Jazz Cafe Presents Blackstreet
- Childish Gambino performs The O2 arena
- The Breakout Club presented by The Midi Music Company
- Wine Tasting – Wine Of The Mountains at Mercato Metropolitano
- Klub Kids presents The Twisted Circus 2 at Troxy
- Happy Reading: The Penguin Classics Pop-Up Shop at 133 Bethnal Green Rd
- London’s Grime & Punishment Walking Tour
The British Photography Awards 2019 at The Savoy
The British Photography Awards brings a long-overdue celebration to the world-famous Savoy Hotel in central London, grab some friends and join us to blow away your New Year blues! Open to both corporate and the general public, select tickets are available to buy now.
After 180 years of British photography, the culturally important, black-tie awards night showcases and celebrates the best talent in the sector. With all manner of guest in the stately Lancaster Ballroom, the night will be bristling with photographic talent. We will host prominent celebrity photographers, icons, notable industry figures and all the nominated photographers from our national competition. On top of this, there will be association heads, sponsors and all the rest; from press to parliamentarians.
Guests are treated to a red carpet arrival and presented for photographs. A champagne reception precedes the awards dinner itself which is overseen by a notable MC and accompanying guest speakers. With entertainment and a delicious three-course meal served in luxurious surroundings, the night can’t get much better.
Photographic greats being awarded contribution awards, such as the Associateship and the British Photographic Fellowship Award add some fantastic faces to the night. On top of this, there will be our esteemed industry judges, academy board members, heads of associations, top journalists, politicians, and dignitaries alongside you all night. The awards gala represents an important milestone in the long history of British Photography and promises to be a fantastic night of business networking and celebration produced by eventing veterans.
Featuring the champagne reception, entertainment, guest speakers, photographic showcase, awards dinner and afterparty all rolled into one, the evening is a great opportunity to socialise with some of the best figures in British photography as well as experience the top images and stories of this year’s diverse shortlist.
Knowing the nature of your average photographer, the after-party is set to be an event unto itself, with the famed hospitality of The Savoy running late into the night to be enjoyed by all.
Alongside the evening, to bolster the funds already raised for charity via the national competition, there will be a charity auction of photographic-themed lots, including signed prints from famous practitioners and much more on offer besides.
THE AWARDS JUDGES
- Richard Bradbury – President of the Master Photographer Association
- Damien Demolder – Photographer, Journalist, Educator
- Sheena Harvey – Editor of BBC Wildlife Magazine
- Richard Peters – Photographer, Nikon Ambassador, Photography Guide
- Zelda Cheatle – Curator, Editor, Lecturer
- Andy Saunders – Senior Vice President Creative, Getty Images
- Gillian Burke – BBC Film-maker, Naturalist, Conservationist
- Russ O’Connell – Picture Editor Sunday Times Magazine
- Benedict Brain – Distinctions Advisor, Public Speaker, Journalist, Landscape Photographer
- Karen Harvey – Creative Director of Shutter Hub
- Fiona Shields – Head of Photography at The Guardian News and Media
In total, these 17 awards will be presented to deserving winners in front of a room full of some of the highest regarded photographic talent in Britain.
- Rising Star Award
- International Photographer
- Best Birdlife Photographer
- Best Documentary Photographer
- Best Drone Photographer
- Best Land Animal Photographer
- Best Landscape Photographer
- Best Macro Photographer
- Best Domesticated Animal Photographer
- Best Portrait Photographer
- Best Selfie Photographer
- Best Sports Photographer
- Best Street Photographer
- Best Water Life Photographer
- Best Wedding Photographer
- British Photographic Associateship Award
- British Photographic Fellowship Award
The British Photography Awards will be held at The Savoy Monday 28th January 2019.
Entertainment | The British Photography Awards at The Savoy