- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Surrealism: Drawing Dreams at Tate Modern
Join London Drawing Group at the Tate Modern this New Year as we delve into the history of the 20th century’s most infamous group of artists; the SURREALISTS. From the most ubiquitous to the least known, the surrealists have some of the most fascinating personal stories of the 20th century.
From Dali to Dorothea Tanning, Max Ernst to Magritte, Carrington, Bellmer and many more, these artists lived lives set against the backdrop of world wars, economic downturns and prejudice, all the while championing bold new artforms that had never been seen before. For this unique class we will be stepping inside the white walls of the Tate Modern to uncover the personal tragedies, genius and subversive natures of the SURREALISTS.
This class will be our first LDG foray into the hallowed halls of the Tate Modern, and throughout the class we will have the opportunity to stretch our imaginations, taking in aspects of the iconic building as well as drawing from our imaginations and the paintings themselves.
Through the afternoon’s drawing exercises challenging ourselves to put ourselves in the shoes of the surrealists and create art that surprises, shocks and stimulates, expect to be surprised and challenged, with your drawing practice tested to its surrealist limits!
Through lecture, informal discussion and one on one guidance led by LDG tutor Luisa-Maria MacCormack, this is a class that will expand your drawing practice and leave you with some helpful practices to both unblock and to inspire.
The workshop Surrealism: Drawing Dreams at Tate Modern will be held on Saturday 6th of April 2019.
Culture | Surrealism: Drawing Dreams