- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Start-up fundraising: why, when, how – a transparent chat
Are you working on or leveraging technology to raise mental health, emotional wellbeing or human flourishing?
Transformative Technology (TT) community is the largest global community of entrepreneurs and innovators leveraging tech to expand human joy and possibility. We gather, connect, and inspire our global community in order to stimulate the development of scalable transformative technologies.
Join us on Wednesday 27th February for an intimate conversation with Bill Earner of Connect Ventures and Ry Morgan of Unmind.
Raising capital – something that every tech company has to think about and know about almost from the get-go. This evening is about us sharing the realities vs the myths – not just about why, when and how to raise capital – but also about different funding routes, various types of financiers and their motivations and plenty more, so that attendees are left with a clearer idea of how to navigate these waters consciously and successfully.
We’ll be moderating a discussion between Bill Earner, a Managing Partner of Connect Ventures and Ry Morgan, Co-Founder & CPO of Unmind.
Connect Ventures is a product-focused, seed stage venture capital firm based in London, investing across Europe. Bill has spent twelve years working in venture capital and startups, including in a variety of operational roles at several California based startups.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform that is rapidly becoming a shining light in the UK TransTech scene. Since launching in 2017 they have raised over £1.7m in funding, landed household name clients such as John Lewis & Partners, and grown from 4-30+ people.
As usual there will be plenty of audience participation. Hosted by Connect Ventures, this is an interactive event where you will have the chance to ask questions and meet fellow transformative technology entrepreneurs and innovators working with a number of different technologies, at various stages of the entrepreneurial journey.
A percentage of the ticket proceeds will be donated to Mind(www.mind.org), the UK’s mental health charity.
Transformative Technology Lab, a Silicon Valley based non-profit, is the leading global community of entrepreneurs and innovators in this space. Through our academy we are working with over 1000 companies in 450 cities around the world. As the global community grows we are starting regular meetings around the world with London as one of the lead cities.
We exist to help Transformative Tech entrepreneurs and innovators succeed – by helping you find feedback, funding and friends.
We Grow, Connect, Inspire and Support a community of motivated and talented people by:
- Curating unique and educational content to improve your products, teams, and prospects
- Creating deep connectedness to like-minded peers through global, local and online events
- Providing a shared mission, language and identity – Ikigai-Kairos
- Connecting you to resources — scientific, funding, job boards
- Publishing sector research to create clarity and direction for start-ups, community leaders, investors, and decision and policy-makers around the world on TT applications, implications, and strategies
Important note: This is a community event to help accelerate the progress of transformative technology entrepreneurs and businesses through unlocking connections, community, feedback, funding and support. It is open to all transformtive technology entrepreneurs & teams or people interested in getting into this space. It is not a place to try and sell services to startup entrepreneurs, anyone found to be doing so will be politely asked to leave. If we’re unsure of your motivations in this regard at the time of booking we may well contact you to ask and subsequently reserve the right to cancel your ticket at our discretion.
Start-up fundraising: why, when, how – a transparent chat will be held at Connect Ventures Wednesday 27th February 2019.
Health | Start-up fundraising: why, when, how – a transparent chat