- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Simon Sinek on The Infinite Game
Two years ago Simon Sinek became an Internet sensation talking about millennials in the workplace. Now the legendary business thinker is back to answer a question at the heart of 21st century leadership: how can we win a game that has no end?
Simon Sinek’s Start With Why concept changed the face of modern business. Over 35 million people have watched his TED talk on how great leaders inspire everyone to take action, and millions more have read his books Find Your Why and Leaders Eat Last. In 2016, his insightful analysis of millennials at work was seen by more than 200 million people in the first month alone.
Now Simon joins the How To: Academy to present his latest insights. He’ll explore the paradox of how we, as leaders, can hope to win at business: a game with no finish line and no agreed upon rules or metrics.
The simple answer is: we can’t. There is no such thing as “winning business.” It’s impossible to “be number one,” “be the best” or “beat our competition.” In this Infinite Game, there is only ahead and behind. Leaders of organizations must understand the rules of the Infinite Game. Failure to do so dramatically increases the chance that they will set themselves on a path that eventually drains them of the will and resources to play at all. Eventually they will drop out of the game and no one will care. Their competition will just keep playing without them.
In this talk, Simon explores how understanding the rules of the Infinite Game is essential if any leader wants to stay ahead and outlast any competitor…forever.
Simon Sinek is an unshakable optimist. He believes in a bright future and our ability to build it together.
Described as “a visionary thinker with a rare intellect,” Simon teaches leaders and organizations how to inspire people. With a bold goal to help build a world in which the vast majority of people wake up every single day feeling inspired, feel safe at work, and feel fulfilled at the end of the day, he is leading a movement to inspire people to do the things that inspire them.
Simon is the author of multiple best-selling books:
- – The global best seller (with over a 1 million books sold in the U.S. alone): Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- – The New York Times and Wall Street Journal best seller, Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t
- – The New York Times and Wall Street Journal best seller, Together is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration – Find Your Why: A Practical Guide to Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team
- – And his latest book, The Infinite Game, due out June 2019.
A trained ethnographer, Simon is fascinated by the people and organizations that make the greatest, lasting impact in their organizations and in the world. Over the years, he has discovered some remarkable patterns about how they think, act and communicate and the environments in which people operate at their natural best. He has devoted his life to sharing his thinking in order to help other leaders and organizations inspire action.
Simon may be best known for popularizing the concept of Why in his first Ted Talk in 2009. It rose to become the third most watched talk of all time on TED.com, with over 35 million views and subtitled in 45 languages. His interview on Millennials in the Workplace broke the internet in 2016 and garnered over 200 million views in the first month. This led to Simon being YouTube’s fifth most searched term in 2017.
Simon Sinek on The Infinite Game will be held at Central Hall Westminster Official Wednesday 6th February 2019.
Business | Simon Sinek on The Infinite Game