- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Scott Lavene – Unveils sci-fi ‘Superclean’ Video
Scott Lavene returns his new video for Superclean, the latest track to be taken from his forthcoming album Broke that is set for release on 7th June on CD, LP and digital.
Speaking of his latest release, Lavene says
“It’s a pop bop, a strut. I wanted to write a song that was less literal than others I write. I wrote it one morning during the recording of the album, in the kitchen of the producer who was letting me stay at his house. It’s about feeling good, a new chapter, eternal optimism, escape. It has a retro feel to it so we tried to make the video look like a 70’s sci fi movie.”
Growing up in the eighties his first musical memories were the Stray Cats thrilling rush ‘Runaway Boys’ when he was at nursery before sparking off on The Clash on the Levis ads and Otis Reading, Beatles, Stones and all the classics before embracing the kind of eclectic musical trip that his own songs reflect.
‘I like everything from cheesy pop, hip hop, British music from sixties and seventies Ian Dury, to underground stuff like Suicide and the Membranes. When I first had a band I tried to be something I’m not, cool, hip. indie, like the Kills or The Strokes but I’m not cool and I don’t write songs like that. I’m just a fella from Essex and when I started writing stories and songs about my own life and what I’d seen it all clicked.’
To support the release of his new album Scott Lavene is heading out on the road with his newly formed backing band The Pub Garden.
The Broke Tour comes to London at Servant Jazz Quarters on Tuesday 11th of June 2019.
Music Video | Scott Lavene – Superclean
Music | Scott Lavene – Unveils sci-fi ‘Superclean’ Video