- Discover the Art of Jazz & Poetry in a Floating Bookshop
- Spring £1 Book Sale at Amnesty International UK
- Performing Image at ICA
- Caballero & JeanJass will perform at The Jazz Cafe
- The Talk Exploring Altered States of Consciousness
- It’s Not About the Burqa: Calling time on lazy stereotypes
- Joe Bonamassa – Live in London at Royal Albert Hall
- 2019 Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition
- Saint Vitus & Dopelord at The Underworld Camden
- Bombskare present: 40 Years Of 2 Tone Records
Respect: Celebrating Aretha Franklin at The Blues Kitchen – Brixton
Brixton got soul returns for another night of classic tunes that’ll have you singing & shakin’ til the small hours!
This time, we celebrate the incredible life and music of the Queen of Soul: Aretha Franklin. Our house band, The Beekays, will pay tribute to this musical legend with a live performance of her greatest hits. Always a symbol of hope and optimism for so many, her passing has been mourned around the world- a clear acknowledgment of how far her influence spread. Join us as we sing along to classic hits including ‘R-E-S-P-E-C-T’, ‘Natural Woman’ and ‘Chain of Fools’.
Atlantic soul orchestra, our incredible resident band, play the late set from 1am. Witness some of the country’s finest musicians bring the very best of dance music originals and glorious soulful sounds. From Martha Reeves to Amy Winehouse, these are tunes so good there’s no time to give those feet a rest.
Our resident DJ Ali B plays in between and after the bands, with only the finest vintage dance sounds to choose from, ‘til the lights come up at 2:30am.
Respect: Celebrating Aretha Franklin at The Blues Kitchen – Brixton will be held Friday 15th February 2019.
Music | Respect: Celebrating Aretha Franklin