- Wine Tasting: Tuscany In A Glass
- Shay D Headline Show – Human Writes & Queens of Art Tour Launch
- Meet the Algerian ambassador: ask your questions
- Transmissions: Radical Trans Performers at The Glory
- Itch FM Movie Screening “Juice” at Map Studio Cafe
- Start-up fundraising: why, when, how – a transparent chat
- Sisters Breathwork Circle by The Psychedelic Society
- Pro women’s racing panel: How far do you want to go
- VSO Film Night at Rudolf Steiner House
- Building a versatile and multi-faceted creative enterprise
Respect: Celebrating Aretha Franklin at The Blues Kitchen – Brixton
Brixton got soul returns for another night of classic tunes that’ll have you singing & shakin’ til the small hours!
This time, we celebrate the incredible life and music of the Queen of Soul: Aretha Franklin. Our house band, The Beekays, will pay tribute to this musical legend with a live performance of her greatest hits. Always a symbol of hope and optimism for so many, her passing has been mourned around the world- a clear acknowledgment of how far her influence spread. Join us as we sing along to classic hits including ‘R-E-S-P-E-C-T’, ‘Natural Woman’ and ‘Chain of Fools’.
Atlantic soul orchestra, our incredible resident band, play the late set from 1am. Witness some of the country’s finest musicians bring the very best of dance music originals and glorious soulful sounds. From Martha Reeves to Amy Winehouse, these are tunes so good there’s no time to give those feet a rest.
Our resident DJ Ali B plays in between and after the bands, with only the finest vintage dance sounds to choose from, ‘til the lights come up at 2:30am.
Respect: Celebrating Aretha Franklin at The Blues Kitchen – Brixton will be held Friday 15th February 2019.
Music | Respect: Celebrating Aretha Franklin