- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Respect: Celebrating Aretha Franklin at The Blues Kitchen – Brixton
Brixton got soul returns for another night of classic tunes that’ll have you singing & shakin’ til the small hours!
This time, we celebrate the incredible life and music of the Queen of Soul: Aretha Franklin. Our house band, The Beekays, will pay tribute to this musical legend with a live performance of her greatest hits. Always a symbol of hope and optimism for so many, her passing has been mourned around the world- a clear acknowledgment of how far her influence spread. Join us as we sing along to classic hits including ‘R-E-S-P-E-C-T’, ‘Natural Woman’ and ‘Chain of Fools’.
Atlantic soul orchestra, our incredible resident band, play the late set from 1am. Witness some of the country’s finest musicians bring the very best of dance music originals and glorious soulful sounds. From Martha Reeves to Amy Winehouse, these are tunes so good there’s no time to give those feet a rest.
Our resident DJ Ali B plays in between and after the bands, with only the finest vintage dance sounds to choose from, ‘til the lights come up at 2:30am.
Respect: Celebrating Aretha Franklin at The Blues Kitchen – Brixton will be held Friday 15th February 2019.
Music | Respect: Celebrating Aretha Franklin