- Soen performs at O2 Academy Islington
- Disruptive writing for the 21st century author
- Mamma Roma (Subtitled) + Intro and post-film discussion
- The Jazz Cafe Presents Blackstreet
- Childish Gambino performs The O2 arena
- The Breakout Club presented by The Midi Music Company
- Wine Tasting – Wine Of The Mountains at Mercato Metropolitano
- Klub Kids presents The Twisted Circus 2 at Troxy
- Happy Reading: The Penguin Classics Pop-Up Shop at 133 Bethnal Green Rd
- London’s Grime & Punishment Walking Tour
Private view and talk: Paul Bevan on the art of the Cultural Revolution
Private view and talk by Dr Paul Bevan, Christensen Fellow in Chinese Painting, Ashmolean Museum
Enjoy an exclusive private view of our new exhibition Cultural Revolution followed by a talk from one of the world’s leading experts on Chinese art.
Paul Bevan’s talk will examine the Chinese artists and designers, and the posters and other visual media they produced, that served the propaganda machine of Mao’s Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution (1966-76).
Trained artists were mostly responsible for producing the striking images seen on the posters and print media that were distributed around the country by regional publishing houses.
But amateurs too could try their hand at their own designs. With the aid of published sample books of both text and image, as well as reliance on their own artistic skill, however meagre, they were able to produce their own copies of propaganda imagery.
The Private view and talk: Paul Bevan on the art of the Cultural Revolution will be held at William Morris Gallery on Thursday 21st of March 2019.
» More information here «
Culture | Private view and talk: Paul Bevan on the art of the Cultural Revolution