- Met prepares for Pride in London celebrations
- Transport for London reports record high levels of cycling in the capital
- Luxury Fashion and Jewellery Pop-up at Morton’s Private Members Club
- 2019 – 30th Ealing Beer Festival
- Contemplate – free art exhibition exploring identity through food
- Olympia live at The Old Blue Last
- Life Goes On – Free Screening
- Secondhand Furniture sale
- Bubble Rush – Avery Hill Park
- Innervisions Festival | Janet Kay & Carroll Thompson
Photographic Assistants Workshop – for those who intend to enter the industry
The Photographic Assistants Workshop is a one-day intensive lighting workshop aimed at those intending to enter the industry at assistant level. The course is also suitable for production-based personnel wishing to have an overview of lighting and camera equipment.
The workshop starts at 10 am and runs until 6 pm. It is hosted at our central London location, within our professional photographic hire studio.
The workshop provides an overview of the different types of equipment that you would expect to find on a photographic shoot and gives you the opportunity to learn how to handle this professional lighting equipment in a non-pressure environment. We will also cover what the role of a photographic assistant consists of and what is likely to be expected from you.
The Photographic Assistants Workshop covers:
- Flash lighting equipment – Broncolor & Profoto
- Continuous lighting equipment – Tungsten, HMI, Kino Flo, LED
- Flash duration & the colour temperature of lighting
- Cabling and power distribution
- A brief overview of camera equipment and digital workflow.
The afternoon is spent putting your skills into practice, looking at set demonstrations and gaining some hands-on experience using the equipment.
The workshop is fully documented and hand-outs will be provided which you can take away for future reference. Lunch is provided and refreshments are available throughout the day, so do please advise if you have any specific dietary requirements.
Some recent participant’s comments and feedback:
“Thanks for Saturday, I had a really good time. I think the course was brilliant. I really enjoyed it and you and Ian were fab – totally engaging.
I would 100% recommend it to other production people”
– Nikki Carter, Manamedia
Photographic Assistants Workshop will be held at Direct Digital Wednesday 16th January.
Culture | Photographic Assistants Workshop