- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Performance by Adam Christensen at Camdens Art Centre
A neglected wife, some years into her lousy marriage, is advised by her friends to find satisfaction with new blood. A biographical performance taking place on a catwalk and stairs designed for the occasion and as an extension of the artist’s house.
Adam Christensen is a London based artist who makes performance, video, fabric and text works and performs with the music project Ectopia.
Christensen recently performed at David Roberts Art Foundation (DRAF), Southard Reid, Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) and Hollybush Gardens in London.
Christensen works primarily in video and performance, also writing, music, collaboration, installation and fabric-works. His art practice is informed by experience and environment as well as the emotional and physical both within himself and those around him.
The work draws on elements of biography and theatricality that combine and intertwine with the audience blurring the lines between the artist and viewer, life and fiction. Using an expressionist language sometimes mixed with an economy of material, he utilises personal spaces to act as venues and stages for performances that explore the everyday as spectacle and back to the everyday again.
The performances of Adam Christensen are mere moments of pure grace. His alter-ego, Madam, wanders through space and sings broken biographical love stories, accompanied by an accordion. And as soon as Madam sings, the atmosphere turns into a cabaret.
Performance by Adam Christensen at Camdens Art Centre will be held on Friday 29th of March 2019.
Culture | Performance by Adam Christensen