- Bat The Father, Rabbit The Son Written and performed by Donal O’Kelly
- Feeding Time: an event by and for young people aged 14 to 19
- Secret Sunrise London – Earth Hour Global Dance at Southbank Observation Place
- Movies, Memories, Magic at the iconic Cinema Museum
- Indian Hatha Yoga, Pranayama & Mantra With Ravi Dixit
- Kanan Gill Live – Central London at Greenwood Theatre
- Mobo Award-Winning Club Rotation Returns To Subterania
- Rave Rituals Saturday Rave
- Performance by Adam Christensen at Camdens Art Centre
- Paint like Picasso! Shoreditch
One Pot Cooking – Trinidadian Pelau at London Cooking Project
Saturdays are busy days in the Caribbean. When Monday- Fri is for work and school, Sunday is for church Saturday is only day to get everything done. Laundry, groceries, house cleaning.
So who has time to make a leisurely meal, enter ‘one pot’ meal!
In Trinidad this is in the form of Pelau. Chicken , beef, shrimp, vegetable or saltfish cooked with rice, peas, & coconut milk.
In this class you will learn to make the following
- Pelau – Chicken or Vegetarian
- Green Banana Salad
- Fried Plantain
You will also learn
- How to season and marinate the Trini way
- How to ‘brown’ sugar to colour meat
- How to choose and prepare green bananas
- How to choose and prepare plantain
At the end of the session you will leave with recipes and the skill to recreate them at home.
All ingredients and containers provided, please wear comfy shoes and bring an apron.
One Pot Cooking – Trinidadian Pelau at London Cooking Project will be held on Sunday 17th of March 2019.
Food | One Pot Cooking – Trinidadian Pelau at London Cooking Project