- Freud in Prison by Freud Museum London
- Free From Festival London UK’s 1st Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free
- Ye Vagabonds at the Lexington
- Pop Up Africa’s – Africa at Spitalfields 2019
- Cornish rock trio William The Conqueror heading to London’s The Lexington
- Scott Lavene – Unveils sci-fi ‘Superclean’ Video
- The Twang return with brand new single Everytime
- Frankie Lee – Celebrates the release of ‘Stillwater’ at Omeara this month
- Thinking on Sunday: Women of Westminster – The MPs Who Changed Politics
- Memory: short films Session
One Pot Cooking – Trinidadian Pelau at London Cooking Project
Saturdays are busy days in the Caribbean. When Monday- Fri is for work and school, Sunday is for church Saturday is only day to get everything done. Laundry, groceries, house cleaning.
So who has time to make a leisurely meal, enter ‘one pot’ meal!
In Trinidad this is in the form of Pelau. Chicken , beef, shrimp, vegetable or saltfish cooked with rice, peas, & coconut milk.
In this class you will learn to make the following
- Pelau – Chicken or Vegetarian
- Green Banana Salad
- Fried Plantain
You will also learn
- How to season and marinate the Trini way
- How to ‘brown’ sugar to colour meat
- How to choose and prepare green bananas
- How to choose and prepare plantain
At the end of the session you will leave with recipes and the skill to recreate them at home.
All ingredients and containers provided, please wear comfy shoes and bring an apron.
One Pot Cooking – Trinidadian Pelau at London Cooking Project will be held on Sunday 17th of March 2019.
Food | One Pot Cooking – Trinidadian Pelau at London Cooking Project