- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
New Year’s Eve Party with Aurora Orchestra
For New Year’s Eve, light up the night in our festival-style party of live music, dance, food and drink with an electrifying lineup of artists: Nico Muhly, Teitur, LIPS Choir, Nwando Ebizie (Lady Vendredi) and Aurora players.
Under the glow of the northern lights across three distinct spaces, experience a series of live performances, sing along to a 40-strong choir, dance into the new year, and celebrate in a luminous world of wonder designed by our collaborator Kate Wicks (The Great Gatsby).
Music on the night ventures to far horizons and unfolds in surprising ways: a rare UK performance by Teitur and Nico Muhly of their song cycle Confessions for voice and Baroque instruments, Terry Riley’s hypnotic minimalist gem In C performed by our players and Nico Muhly, and a string rendition of Bach’s Goldberg Variations that places you in and amongst the performers.
When the clock strikes midnight, 40-strong all-women Lips Choir join our players in an irresistibly raucous and interactive set of club classics – from disco to UK garage – all newly arranged by Jessie Maryon Davies. Continuing the dance into the small hours, multidisciplinary artist Nwando Ebizie, known for her Afrofuturist music project Lady Vendredi, spins a special set of tunes, ranging from Afrobeat icons The Lijadu Sisters to disco queen Donna Summer.
Teitur/Nico Muhly: Confessions
Terry Riley: In C
Bach: Goldberg Variations (version for string trio)
Club classics set by Lips Choir
DJ set by Nwando Ebizie (Lady Vendredi)
Performers: Teitur, Nico Muhly, Lips Choir, Jessie Maryon Davies, Nwando Ebizie (Lady Vendredi) and Principal Players of Aurora Orchestra
Culture & Music | Kings Place