- Wine Tasting: Tuscany In A Glass
- Shay D Headline Show – Human Writes & Queens of Art Tour Launch
- Meet the Algerian ambassador: ask your questions
- Transmissions: Radical Trans Performers at The Glory
- Itch FM Movie Screening “Juice” at Map Studio Cafe
- Start-up fundraising: why, when, how – a transparent chat
- Sisters Breathwork Circle by The Psychedelic Society
- Pro women’s racing panel: How far do you want to go
- VSO Film Night at Rudolf Steiner House
- Building a versatile and multi-faceted creative enterprise
New Science of Anxiety, Depression & Addiction Behaviour
How did our minds come to be so powerful, and yet so fragile? In this talk, legendary physician Randolph Nesse will reveal the evolutionary origins of the emotional conditions affecting so many of us – and offer new insights for their treatment and management.
We live in one of the wealthiest, most peaceful and most technologically advanced societies in the world. And yet in the last week alone, one in six of us experienced anxiety, depression or another common emotional health problem. What can science tell us about the root causes of this troubling development? And what can we do to help – as sufferers, carers, and a society?
In this ground-breaking talk, Dr. Randolph Nesse will challenge the prevailing orthodoxy, asking not why certain people in particular suffer from emotional distress – but why natural selection has left us all with fragile minds. Be the first to hear about a new framework that will revolutionise the scientific understanding and treatment of mental health.
New Science of Anxiety, Depression & Addiction Behaviour will be held at Emmanuel Centre Wednesday 13th February 2019.
Health | New Science of Anxiety, Depression & Addiction Behaviour