- Soen performs at O2 Academy Islington
- Disruptive writing for the 21st century author
- Mamma Roma (Subtitled) + Intro and post-film discussion
- The Jazz Cafe Presents Blackstreet
- Childish Gambino performs The O2 arena
- The Breakout Club presented by The Midi Music Company
- Wine Tasting – Wine Of The Mountains at Mercato Metropolitano
- Klub Kids presents The Twisted Circus 2 at Troxy
- Happy Reading: The Penguin Classics Pop-Up Shop at 133 Bethnal Green Rd
- London’s Grime & Punishment Walking Tour
Mark Fisher and K-Punk: Pop, Publishing and Politics
Join a distinguished panel of writers and editors as they examine the crucial legacy of late popular cultural theorist Mark Fisher to celebrate the publication of K-Punk: The Collected and Unpublished Writings of Mark Fisher (2004-2016), edited by Darren Ambrose.
Ambrose will chair a panel including journalist Andy Beckett (Promised You a Miracle), co-founder of Repeater Books Tariq Goddard and author Lynsey Hanley (Estates: An Intimate History) in a discussion about the impact of Fisher’s work—focusing around his seminal blog K-Punk—in defending the rich potentialities of popular culture and exploring the concepts of capitalist realism, popular modernism and hauntology that continued to inform his writing.
The event will be followed by a Q&A with the panellists.
The examination ofMark Fisher and K-Punk: Pop, Publishing and Politics will be held at Foyles on Thursday 21st of March 2019.
Culture | Mark Fisher and K-Punk: Pop, Publishing and Politics