- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Mark Fisher and K-Punk: Pop, Publishing and Politics
Join a distinguished panel of writers and editors as they examine the crucial legacy of late popular cultural theorist Mark Fisher to celebrate the publication of K-Punk: The Collected and Unpublished Writings of Mark Fisher (2004-2016), edited by Darren Ambrose.
Ambrose will chair a panel including journalist Andy Beckett (Promised You a Miracle), co-founder of Repeater Books Tariq Goddard and author Lynsey Hanley (Estates: An Intimate History) in a discussion about the impact of Fisher’s work—focusing around his seminal blog K-Punk—in defending the rich potentialities of popular culture and exploring the concepts of capitalist realism, popular modernism and hauntology that continued to inform his writing.
The event will be followed by a Q&A with the panellists.
The examination ofMark Fisher and K-Punk: Pop, Publishing and Politics will be held at Foyles on Thursday 21st of March 2019.
Culture | Mark Fisher and K-Punk: Pop, Publishing and Politics