- Freud in Prison by Freud Museum London
- Free From Festival London UK’s 1st Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free
- Ye Vagabonds at the Lexington
- Pop Up Africa’s – Africa at Spitalfields 2019
- Cornish rock trio William The Conqueror heading to London’s The Lexington
- Scott Lavene – Unveils sci-fi ‘Superclean’ Video
- The Twang return with brand new single Everytime
- Frankie Lee – Celebrates the release of ‘Stillwater’ at Omeara this month
- Thinking on Sunday: Women of Westminster – The MPs Who Changed Politics
- Memory: short films Session
Mark Fisher and K-Punk: Pop, Publishing and Politics
Join a distinguished panel of writers and editors as they examine the crucial legacy of late popular cultural theorist Mark Fisher to celebrate the publication of K-Punk: The Collected and Unpublished Writings of Mark Fisher (2004-2016), edited by Darren Ambrose.
Ambrose will chair a panel including journalist Andy Beckett (Promised You a Miracle), co-founder of Repeater Books Tariq Goddard and author Lynsey Hanley (Estates: An Intimate History) in a discussion about the impact of Fisher’s work—focusing around his seminal blog K-Punk—in defending the rich potentialities of popular culture and exploring the concepts of capitalist realism, popular modernism and hauntology that continued to inform his writing.
The event will be followed by a Q&A with the panellists.
The examination ofMark Fisher and K-Punk: Pop, Publishing and Politics will be held at Foyles on Thursday 21st of March 2019.
Culture | Mark Fisher and K-Punk: Pop, Publishing and Politics