- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Make Your Admin Noisy As Hell (west London)
A series of four creative workshops which reflect on, and respond to, contemporary work realities.
These workshops will take as a starting point the default position for a lot of today’s work: sitting at a computer or laptop, getting through to-do lists, writing emails, updating a C.V. We will explode this mundane scenario with a series of vocal, technological and physical responses.
What is the emotional cost of cognitive labour? Is the boundary between work and life inevitably blurred?
March 4th: Make Your Admin Noisy As Hell
Everybody takes their laptops to the session. Through a miracle of vocal and technological wizardry, the laptops begin to scream and cough at every letter of every email. You have made your admin noisy as hell. What a ruckus.
March 11th: Eat My CV, and I’ll Eat Yours.
The chewed up remains become poems, the poems get put to music, we sing our labour free.
March 18th: Oh Yeah, My Body, I Forgot!
That fidgeting finger, those grinding teeth, that bopping knee, the slouching zombie seagull posture. We push it to an extreme. It’s the zombie carnival death-dance of obsessive fidgeting.
March 25th: Write & Sing The 2019 Work Song.
We look at the history of working songs and protest songs. In the age of zero-hour contracts, emails on the loo and #hustle, what does a work song sound like?
Make Your Admin Noisy As Hell (west London) will be held at RCA White City on Monday 4th March 2019.
Culture | Make Your Admin Noisy As Hell (west London)