- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Live Music Brunch with Sura Susso at The London Jukebox
Originally from the Gambia, Surahata “Sura” Susso was born into a griot family, a tradition that originates from West Africa and refers to cultural figures that carry knowledge and the regional identity of their communities through song, music and poetry.
Sura is the son of Mamudou Susso, one of the finest living kora players, and Fatou Binta Cissokho, who was a gifted singer and percussionis. It is no surprise that this young man has talent. Sura fuses his traditional influences with new genres in order to promote his cultural roots and heritage, creating a truly unique and innovative sound.
Sura came to the UK at the age of seventeen to tour as the percussionist in his brother’s band, The Seckou Keita Quintet. Tours with the quintet took them all around the world and provided an invaluable experience for Sura to be the professional musician he is today. He honours the role that his elder brother has played in supporting his musical journey. He stepped out in 2012 with the release of his debut album, Sila Kang.
As a soloist, Sura has performed extensively around the world – In March 2012, he was honoured to be invited to play for her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II, as part of the opening ceremony for the Central Manchester City hospitals. As well as performing solo, Sura has been involved in number of collaborations with other artists. He has taken part in more than five hundred shows in over thirty different countries spanning over every continent.
Live Music Brunch with Sura Susso is held at The London Jukebox Sunday 27th January 2019.
Music | Live Music Brunch with Sura Susso