- Cornish rock trio William The Conqueror heading to London’s The Lexington
- Scott Lavene – Unveils sci-fi ‘Superclean’ Video
- The Twang return with brand new single Everytime
- Frankie Lee – Celebrates the release of ‘Stillwater’ at Omeara this month
- Thinking on Sunday: Women of Westminster – The MPs Who Changed Politics
- Memory: short films Session
- LARC Film Club x SWARM Festival of Resistance
- Best Baguette London 2019 – La finale
- Feminist Book Fortnight: Rebecca Tamás & Lucy Mercer
- JORDAN with Cathi Unsworth Defying Gravity
LIDC – SOAS Careers Networking Night at University of London
Interested in a career in international development? Want the opportunity to discuss careers advice with recent graduates working in development? Keen to get an understanding of the different routes into development work?
The London International Development Centre (LIDC) – SOAS Careers in International Development Networking Event is an opportunity for students to hear from development professionals about their experiences and to get a better idea of the options and career paths in the sector.
Our development professionals are on hand to answer questions such as:
- Where do I go from here?
- How do I get a job in the field, in research, in anything?
- How do I write a successful job application?
- What skills do I need? Is a masters enough?
- How did YOU get into development work?
- How can I network effectively?
Taking place at SOAS University of London and organised by LIDC and SOAS, there will be an interactive panel discussion plus time for questions and mingling afterwards.
All students/ recent graduates at LIDC’s member institutions (London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, Royal Veterinary College, SOAS, UCL Institute of Education, Birkbeck Geography Department, Queen Mary University of London and City, University of London) and any current postgraduate students at UCL’s Development Planning Unit and Kings College Department of International Development are able to attend. Registration is required.
- Oliver Trumble, Global Partnerships Manager (Civil Society & Academia), Plan International
- Khadija Badri, Advocacy and Engagement Officer, European Network on Statelessness
- Dr Naomi Bull, Research Fellow, Royal Veterinary College
LIDC – SOAS Careers Networking Night will be held at Brunei Gallery Lecture Theatre SOAS, University of London Wednesday 16th January 2019.
Business | LIDC – SOAS Careers Networking Night