- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Laura Mulvey In Conversation: Feminist Film Curating by Birkbeck Institute for the Moving Image
This conversation will focus on the intervention and activism of feminist film curators seeking to challenge and rethink the canon, from a feminist and later queer feminist perspective, starting with some of Laura Mulvey’s interventions in this area back in the 1970s, and bringing the debate up to date via the work of B. Ruby Rich and contemporary initiatives such as Club des Femmes.
Participants: Laura Mulvey (Birkbeck), Clarissa Jacob (Royal Holloway), Janet McCabe (Birkbeck)
“Laura Mulvey In Conversation: Feminist Film Curating” is one of a series of CHASE-supported events organised in relation to the exhibition “Art at the Frontier of Film Theory: the Work of Laura Mulvey and Peter Wollen”, Peltz Gallery, Birkbeck, 22 March-24 May 2019.
Screenings related to this exhibition are part of the Essay Film Festival, 22 March-4 April, held at Birkbeck Institute for the Moving Image, the ICA, and the Goethe-Institut.
Laura Mulvey In Conversation: Feminist Film Curating at Birkbeck Cinema on Tuesday 14th of May 2019.
Film | Laura Mulvey In Conversation: Feminist Film Curating