- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Japanese Whiskies & Washoku Beef Tasting at Bistro Mirey
ALS (Asami Language Services) have been holding Japanese Supper Club events every 3 months since June 2018 in collaboration with Bistro Mirey in West London to introduce Japanese language and culture to Londoners. This is the first “Japanese Wisky Tasting & Washoku (Japanese Food)” event held by ALS x Bistro Mirey!
This time, guests will taste carefully selected 5 Japane whiskies paired with 5 Japanese-style beef dishes cooked by the chef Gerald Mirey. The beef will be sorced from the legendary butcher HG Walter in Barons Court. Among a wide variety of Japanese whiskies famous world-wide for their high quality, we have chosen 5 must-taste whiskies that include:
- Santory Pure Yamazaki 12yr
- Hibiki Harmony
- Nikka Coffey Malt
- Nikka Taketsuru Pure Malt
- One “seclet” whiskey!
On the day, you will have a functional Japanese lesson, listen to explanation of the history and tastes of Japanese whiskies whilst enjoying the Japanese whiskies each of which is paired with exquisite Japanese beef dishes created by the French chef. At the end of the event, there will be an exciting Japanese whisky quiz competition to the winners of which there will be special gifts!
The venue Bistro Mirey is a lovely neighbourhood restaurant located at 3-minute-walk from West Brompton station (District/National Rail.) The restaurant normally serves French/Japanse fusion dishes yet for this special occasion they will focus is on Japanese tastes. Gerald is an excellent chef who previously worked at restaurants and gastro pubs across London, including one of Gordon Ramsey’s restuaurants The Narrow.
Come and taste the delicate flavous of Japanese whiskies and a selection of washoku beef dishes. You may consider that 5-course tasting menu would constitute your afternoon lunch.
Japanese Whiskies & Washoku Beef Tasting at Bistro Mirey will be held Saturday 23rd February 2019.
Drink | Japanese Whiskies & Washoku Beef Tasting