- Grand Final MISS USSR UK 2019
- Boneca 6th Birthday X Mayan Warrior
- Mixmag Live 2019 Tour w/ Helena Hauff
- Shoreditch Vintage Kilo Sale
- Vaisakhi Festival at London Trafalgar Square
- Back to Black: Celebrating Amy Winehouse at The Blues Kitchen – Brixton
- Don’t miss Uniqlo Tate Lates April 2019
- Stanley Kubrick Exhibition in London at The Design Museum
- The Handmaiden [Extended Edition]
- Discover the Art of Jazz & Poetry in a Floating Bookshop
How to find your voice as a writer with Gary Younge
A unique opportunity to learn from one of the Guardian’s most respected columnists.
They say you should dance like no one’s watching. Gary Younge, editor-at-large for the Guardian, thinks you should write in a similar frame of mind, giving full rein to your unique blend of references and values.
During this inspirational masterclass, Gary will share his advice on how to develop your voice, structure a piece of writing and put forward a compelling argument.
Whether you’re considering a career in journalism, or want to improve your writing skills, this is an unmissable opportunity to learn from one of the Guardian’s most respected writers. Tickets are limited so book your place now – and let Gary inspire you to find your true voice as a writer.
• Conveying your values and beliefs within your writing
• Raising important issues in your work
• Developing a strong and distinctive voice
• One column, one argument: the importance of clarity and focus in column-writing
• How to grab readers’ attention and make your writing accessible to as many people as possible
• The mechanics of writing a column and structuring a piece
• Anticipating counter-arguments – and addressing them in your writing
• Q&A: a unique opportunity to pick the brains of one of the
Gary Younge is the Guardian’s editor-at-large. He also writes a monthly column for the Nation magazine, and is the author of several books including The Speech: The Story Behind Martin Luther King’s Dream and No Place Like Home: A Black Briton’s Journey Through the American South. Read his Guardian articles here.
How to find your voice as a writer with Gary Younge at The Guardian will be held on Monday 1st of April 2019.
Business | How to find your voice as a writer with Gary Younge