- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Grime: Orchestrated by Brixton Chamber Orchestra at The Prince of Wales Brixton
BCO is a group of young professional instrumentalists from Brixton – but aren’t your standard orchestra.
Since they launched in the Summer of 2018, they have been dedicated to engaging with the different musical cultures of Brixton: they played calypso in the summer, disco at Electric Brixton in October, and teamed up with Brixton SDA Gospel Choir in November. Now, they’re experimenting with one of the most popular kinds of music in South London: grime.
Classical and grime performance are both driven, forceful, inventive and display a virtuosic level of skill. Orchestral instruments feature in loads of well-known grime beats but are rarely performed live. Hear these tunes in overdrive with BCO!
Brixton Chamber Orchestra will lend a 30-piece ensemble to the artists’ songs and play orchestrated covers of classic grime beats from the last decade, as well as sampling classical music – from Stravinsky & Shostakovich to Bartok & Beethoven – to produce new sounds for this exciting collaboration.
Grime: Orchestrated by Brixton Chamber Orchestra at The Prince of Wales Brixton on Friday 22nd of March 2019.
» More information here «
Music | Grime: Orchestrated by Brixton Chamber Orchestra