- Freud in Prison by Freud Museum London
- Free From Festival London UK’s 1st Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free
- Ye Vagabonds at the Lexington
- Pop Up Africa’s – Africa at Spitalfields 2019
- Cornish rock trio William The Conqueror heading to London’s The Lexington
- Scott Lavene – Unveils sci-fi ‘Superclean’ Video
- The Twang return with brand new single Everytime
- Frankie Lee – Celebrates the release of ‘Stillwater’ at Omeara this month
- Thinking on Sunday: Women of Westminster – The MPs Who Changed Politics
- Memory: short films Session
Grime: Orchestrated by Brixton Chamber Orchestra at The Prince of Wales Brixton
BCO is a group of young professional instrumentalists from Brixton – but aren’t your standard orchestra.
Since they launched in the Summer of 2018, they have been dedicated to engaging with the different musical cultures of Brixton: they played calypso in the summer, disco at Electric Brixton in October, and teamed up with Brixton SDA Gospel Choir in November. Now, they’re experimenting with one of the most popular kinds of music in South London: grime.
Classical and grime performance are both driven, forceful, inventive and display a virtuosic level of skill. Orchestral instruments feature in loads of well-known grime beats but are rarely performed live. Hear these tunes in overdrive with BCO!
Brixton Chamber Orchestra will lend a 30-piece ensemble to the artists’ songs and play orchestrated covers of classic grime beats from the last decade, as well as sampling classical music – from Stravinsky & Shostakovich to Bartok & Beethoven – to produce new sounds for this exciting collaboration.
Grime: Orchestrated by Brixton Chamber Orchestra at The Prince of Wales Brixton on Friday 22nd of March 2019.
» More information here «
Music | Grime: Orchestrated by Brixton Chamber Orchestra