- Met prepares for Pride in London celebrations
- Transport for London reports record high levels of cycling in the capital
- Luxury Fashion and Jewellery Pop-up at Morton’s Private Members Club
- 2019 – 30th Ealing Beer Festival
- Contemplate – free art exhibition exploring identity through food
- Olympia live at The Old Blue Last
- Life Goes On – Free Screening
- Secondhand Furniture sale
- Bubble Rush – Avery Hill Park
- Innervisions Festival | Janet Kay & Carroll Thompson
Global Britain Think forum: Is the special relationship only skin deep
Bright Blue’s think forums are run by our members and are spaces for those on the centre-right to come together to chat about politics and discuss policy.
For this forum, we welcome two guest speakers: Professor Nick Pearce (Director, IPR and Author, Shadows of Empire: The Anglosphere in British Politics) and Jeffries Briginshaw (former CEO, British-American Business Council).
With Brexit fast approaching, conversation in Britain has turned to the importance of our ‘special relationship’ with the United States. It is said that for trade and political influence we must sit ever closer to our long-time ally.
- Is the special relationship truly reciprocal
- What will it take for the United States to stand closer to Britain
- What impact will Brexit have on the US view of Britain
- How expansive could a bespoke trade deal be
- Does Britain’s future really lie in the ‘special relationship’
Global Britain Think forum: Is the special relationship only skin deep will be held at The Spying Room, Morpeth Arms Wednesday 13th February 2019.
Business | Global Britain Think forum: Is the special relationship only skin deep