- Met prepares for Pride in London celebrations
- Transport for London reports record high levels of cycling in the capital
- Luxury Fashion and Jewellery Pop-up at Morton’s Private Members Club
- 2019 – 30th Ealing Beer Festival
- Contemplate – free art exhibition exploring identity through food
- Olympia live at The Old Blue Last
- Life Goes On – Free Screening
- Secondhand Furniture sale
- Bubble Rush – Avery Hill Park
- Innervisions Festival | Janet Kay & Carroll Thompson
Glen Hansard Live at Barbican Centre
Irish singer-songwriter Glen Hansard is joined by a ten-piece band to present music from his forthcoming album “This Wild Willing” as well as songs from his extensive back catalogue.
Glen Hansard is an artist that touches upon many genres, from freewheeling folk performed alone with a guitar, to Stax-indebted soul supported by his full band. It’s all carried by his extraordinary voice (which is often served a capella) – raw, emotive and powerful.
He is a founding member of The Frames, who celebrated 25 years as a band in 2015, and he is also one half of The Swell Season, which also features pianist Marketa Irglova. Together with Irglova, he wrote the music for and starred in the movie Once in 2007. The song ‘Falling Slowly’ from the film was awarded the Academy Award for Best Original Song. In his latest record, This Wild Willing, his lyrics display a new vulnerability over brooding and stormy instrumentation.
Glen Hansard Live at Barbican Centre on Monday 15th and 16th of April 2019.
Music | Glen Hansard Live at Barbican Centre