- Met prepares for Pride in London celebrations
- Transport for London reports record high levels of cycling in the capital
- Luxury Fashion and Jewellery Pop-up at Morton’s Private Members Club
- 2019 – 30th Ealing Beer Festival
- Contemplate – free art exhibition exploring identity through food
- Olympia live at The Old Blue Last
- Life Goes On – Free Screening
- Secondhand Furniture sale
- Bubble Rush – Avery Hill Park
- Innervisions Festival | Janet Kay & Carroll Thompson
Folk This: Oktoba with Vicky Sometani & Morning Tourist
Folk This is a monthly showcase night presenting the best Folk & Blues artists London has to offer.
Our January showcase at The Finsbury features….
OKTOBA – (Alternative Folk)
Oktoba is the project of alt folk, singer songwriter Chris Athorne. Honest story telling with an emotive deliverance leaves live audiences captivated with his tales of love and life.The past year and up to now has seen Chris perform at Latitude on The Lake Stage stage for BBC Introducing, The Secret Garden Party, The Great Escape, Together The People and LeeFest festivals. Whilst also touring around the UK and the United States. Where he played shows at The Rockwood Music Hall in New York and performed for Sofar Sounds in Chicago.
Vicky Sometani Music – (Folk/Blues)
American singer songwriter based in London influenced by soul, jazz, blues & folk.
Morning Tourist – (Singer-Songwriter)
London based singer-songwriter Sean McKinney, released his debut EP ‘Quiet Lives’ in 2017. The seven tracks mix folk and alt rock, fusing country tinged acoustics with fuzzy distortion. McKinney, who is originally from Surrey, explores introspective and political themes, tempered by a power pop spirit. Morning Tourist has received local and digital radio play, has performed across Europe and can be found playing solo, or with his band, somewhere in London every week.
“Accessible and unassuming…Could have been recorded in the folky haze of the late 1960s” – The Revue.
Folk This: Oktoba with Vicky Sometani & Morning Tourist will be held Sunday 13th January at The Finsbury Pub.
Music | Folk This