- Met prepares for Pride in London celebrations
- Transport for London reports record high levels of cycling in the capital
- Luxury Fashion and Jewellery Pop-up at Morton’s Private Members Club
- 2019 – 30th Ealing Beer Festival
- Contemplate – free art exhibition exploring identity through food
- Olympia live at The Old Blue Last
- Life Goes On – Free Screening
- Secondhand Furniture sale
- Bubble Rush – Avery Hill Park
- Innervisions Festival | Janet Kay & Carroll Thompson
EYOE Presents: Neneh Cherry at Roundhouse
Swedish vocalist and counter-culture pop icon Neneh Cherry marks her return to music with her fifth solo album Broken Politics and her biggest show to date in 2019.
Bursting onto the scene with her explosive debut album Raw Like Sushi in 1982, Cherry is lauded for her ability to address contemporary issues with her inimitable blend of pop, dance, hip-hop and R&B.
Her new record, produced in its entirety by Four Tet, does just this with protest songs “Kong” and “Shot Gun Shack” which examine global issues such as Europe’s refugee crises and gun violence.
“Neneh Cherry’s Kong is absolutely phenomenal”
– Clash Mag
“Musical icon Neneh Cherry played an important role in British protest and pop in the 80s and 90s, moving from Sweden…to London when she was just 16 and becoming involved in the city’s punk and squatting scene. She’s not stopped protesting since”
“Kong captures Cherry’s eternal vibe, an impeccable cool wrapped in weary wisdom.”
“Few artists can craft such a minimalist, forward-thinking protest song some three decades into their career… Cherry makes the task look easy”
– Pitchfork, Best New Music
EYOE Presents: Neneh Cherry at Roundhouse Thursday 14th February 2019.
Listen to “Shot Gun Shack” here…
Music | EYOE Presents: Neneh Cherry at Roundhouse