- Freud in Prison by Freud Museum London
- Free From Festival London UK’s 1st Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free
- Ye Vagabonds at the Lexington
- Pop Up Africa’s – Africa at Spitalfields 2019
- Cornish rock trio William The Conqueror heading to London’s The Lexington
- Scott Lavene – Unveils sci-fi ‘Superclean’ Video
- The Twang return with brand new single Everytime
- Frankie Lee – Celebrates the release of ‘Stillwater’ at Omeara this month
- Thinking on Sunday: Women of Westminster – The MPs Who Changed Politics
- Memory: short films Session
DocHouse Presents: Milford Graves Full Mantis at Springs Cinema
Bertha Doc House presents: Milford Graves Full Mantis.
Milford Graves is an internationally renowned percussionist with a kaleidoscopic sound. This new documentary approaches the story behind his soulful, avant-garde music with experimental, rhythmic editing of archive footage and modern-day interviews.
The influence and drive of Graves’ musical power is the focal point for director Jake Meginsky, who met the artist 15 years ago when he showed up at his doorstep to ask to be mentored by Graves.
As Graves tells his own story – ruminating on the essence of ‘swing’ and activating electronic stethoscopes in his basement lab to process the sound of his heart – Megisnky paints a portrait of Graves’ world through poly-rhythmic cinema that never fails to miss a beat.
The screening will take place in Springs Cinema, the brand new cinema space at Peckham Springs on Tuesday 19th of March 2019.
Film | DocHouse Presents: Milford Graves Full Mantis