- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
DocHouse Presents: Milford Graves Full Mantis at Springs Cinema
Bertha Doc House presents: Milford Graves Full Mantis.
Milford Graves is an internationally renowned percussionist with a kaleidoscopic sound. This new documentary approaches the story behind his soulful, avant-garde music with experimental, rhythmic editing of archive footage and modern-day interviews.
The influence and drive of Graves’ musical power is the focal point for director Jake Meginsky, who met the artist 15 years ago when he showed up at his doorstep to ask to be mentored by Graves.
As Graves tells his own story – ruminating on the essence of ‘swing’ and activating electronic stethoscopes in his basement lab to process the sound of his heart – Megisnky paints a portrait of Graves’ world through poly-rhythmic cinema that never fails to miss a beat.
The screening will take place in Springs Cinema, the brand new cinema space at Peckham Springs on Tuesday 19th of March 2019.
Film | DocHouse Presents: Milford Graves Full Mantis