- Bat The Father, Rabbit The Son Written and performed by Donal O’Kelly
- Feeding Time: an event by and for young people aged 14 to 19
- Secret Sunrise London – Earth Hour Global Dance at Southbank Observation Place
- Movies, Memories, Magic at the iconic Cinema Museum
- Indian Hatha Yoga, Pranayama & Mantra With Ravi Dixit
- Kanan Gill Live – Central London at Greenwood Theatre
- Mobo Award-Winning Club Rotation Returns To Subterania
- Rave Rituals Saturday Rave
- Performance by Adam Christensen at Camdens Art Centre
- Paint like Picasso! Shoreditch
DocHouse Presents: Milford Graves Full Mantis at Springs Cinema
Bertha Doc House presents: Milford Graves Full Mantis.
Milford Graves is an internationally renowned percussionist with a kaleidoscopic sound. This new documentary approaches the story behind his soulful, avant-garde music with experimental, rhythmic editing of archive footage and modern-day interviews.
The influence and drive of Graves’ musical power is the focal point for director Jake Meginsky, who met the artist 15 years ago when he showed up at his doorstep to ask to be mentored by Graves.
As Graves tells his own story – ruminating on the essence of ‘swing’ and activating electronic stethoscopes in his basement lab to process the sound of his heart – Megisnky paints a portrait of Graves’ world through poly-rhythmic cinema that never fails to miss a beat.
The screening will take place in Springs Cinema, the brand new cinema space at Peckham Springs on Tuesday 19th of March 2019.
Film | DocHouse Presents: Milford Graves Full Mantis