- Bat The Father, Rabbit The Son Written and performed by Donal O’Kelly
- Feeding Time: an event by and for young people aged 14 to 19
- Secret Sunrise London – Earth Hour Global Dance at Southbank Observation Place
- Movies, Memories, Magic at the iconic Cinema Museum
- Indian Hatha Yoga, Pranayama & Mantra With Ravi Dixit
- Kanan Gill Live – Central London at Greenwood Theatre
- Mobo Award-Winning Club Rotation Returns To Subterania
- Rave Rituals Saturday Rave
- Performance by Adam Christensen at Camdens Art Centre
- Paint like Picasso! Shoreditch
Dismantling the expectations of women
On a daily basis we face deeply ingrained beliefs that your gender determines your skills and preferences, from toys and colours to career choice and salaries.
In her new book The Gendered Brain, Gina Rippon draws on her work in cognitive neuroimaging to unpack the stereotypes that bombard us from our earliest moments.
Lorna Gibb’s masterful Childless Voices paints a global portrait of people without children, from the playgrounds of Glasgow to the villages of Bangladesh, a first-of-its-kind, global investigation into an issue that affects millions of people.
Chaired by literary critic Lucy Scholes, Gina and Lorna will discuss the expectations put upon women by society and science alike, and will unpack deeply ingrained beliefs about gender, motherhood and sexism from their differing perspectives.
The discussion Dismantling the expectations of women will be held at Waterstones on Tuesday 19th March 2019.
Culture | Dismantling the expectations of women