- Freud in Prison by Freud Museum London
- Free From Festival London UK’s 1st Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free
- Ye Vagabonds at the Lexington
- Pop Up Africa’s – Africa at Spitalfields 2019
- Cornish rock trio William The Conqueror heading to London’s The Lexington
- Scott Lavene – Unveils sci-fi ‘Superclean’ Video
- The Twang return with brand new single Everytime
- Frankie Lee – Celebrates the release of ‘Stillwater’ at Omeara this month
- Thinking on Sunday: Women of Westminster – The MPs Who Changed Politics
- Memory: short films Session
Dismantling the expectations of women
On a daily basis we face deeply ingrained beliefs that your gender determines your skills and preferences, from toys and colours to career choice and salaries.
In her new book The Gendered Brain, Gina Rippon draws on her work in cognitive neuroimaging to unpack the stereotypes that bombard us from our earliest moments.
Lorna Gibb’s masterful Childless Voices paints a global portrait of people without children, from the playgrounds of Glasgow to the villages of Bangladesh, a first-of-its-kind, global investigation into an issue that affects millions of people.
Chaired by literary critic Lucy Scholes, Gina and Lorna will discuss the expectations put upon women by society and science alike, and will unpack deeply ingrained beliefs about gender, motherhood and sexism from their differing perspectives.
The discussion Dismantling the expectations of women will be held at Waterstones on Tuesday 19th March 2019.
Culture | Dismantling the expectations of women