- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Dismantling the expectations of women
On a daily basis we face deeply ingrained beliefs that your gender determines your skills and preferences, from toys and colours to career choice and salaries.
In her new book The Gendered Brain, Gina Rippon draws on her work in cognitive neuroimaging to unpack the stereotypes that bombard us from our earliest moments.
Lorna Gibb’s masterful Childless Voices paints a global portrait of people without children, from the playgrounds of Glasgow to the villages of Bangladesh, a first-of-its-kind, global investigation into an issue that affects millions of people.
Chaired by literary critic Lucy Scholes, Gina and Lorna will discuss the expectations put upon women by society and science alike, and will unpack deeply ingrained beliefs about gender, motherhood and sexism from their differing perspectives.
The discussion Dismantling the expectations of women will be held at Waterstones on Tuesday 19th March 2019.
Culture | Dismantling the expectations of women