- Met prepares for Pride in London celebrations
- Transport for London reports record high levels of cycling in the capital
- Luxury Fashion and Jewellery Pop-up at Morton’s Private Members Club
- 2019 – 30th Ealing Beer Festival
- Contemplate – free art exhibition exploring identity through food
- Olympia live at The Old Blue Last
- Life Goes On – Free Screening
- Secondhand Furniture sale
- Bubble Rush – Avery Hill Park
- Innervisions Festival | Janet Kay & Carroll Thompson
Discover the Art of Jazz & Poetry in a Floating Bookshop
Love life on the water and poetry? Head to King’s Cross for some ‘boetry’!
Float in the footsteps of the infamous Bloomsbury writing set, with a trip on the bookshop ‘Word on the Water’, to inspire and invigorate your creativity – or just your curiosity.
Cruise on Regent’s Canal and listen to the very best in spoken word and jazz in one of London’s most unusual spaces.
Head to Regent’s Canal, just metres away from the buzz of King’s Cross, and hop aboard floating bookshop Word on the Water for an entertaining after-hours event hosted by owner Paddy Screech and poet Oliver Cable. You’ll be treated to a jazz and poetry performance on the acclaimed barge, followed by a workshop on the art of producing and performing spoken word. No prior experience is required, and you’ll gain a newfound appreciation for literature, music and creativity in one of London’s most unusual spaces.
About the hosts:
Paddy Screech is the owner of Word on the Water. He studied literature at the University of Oxford and regularly hosts cultural events on the boat with partner Jon.
Oliver Cable is a poet and author who regularly hosts jazz and spoken-word nights around London. In 2016, he published his debut novel Fresh Air and Empty Streets.
Discover the Art of Jazz & Poetry in a Floating Bookshop at Word On The Water – The London Bookbarge on Thursday 25th of April 2019.
Culture | Discover the Art of Jazz & Poetry in a Floating Bookshop