- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Dance of the Goddess at The Psychedelic Society
Dance of the Goddess is a brand new creation from Gaia Harvey Jackson, facilitator of the Psychedelic Women’s Circle.
Over 2 hours we will journey through 5 different goddess archetypes, invoking their qualities, learning their myths and stories, and bringing their wisdom into our bodies.
This dance is based on Jean Shinoda Bolen’s book ‘Goddesses in Everywoman’, a classic work of female psychology that uses archetypal Greek goddesses as a way of describing behaviour patterns and personality traits, and combines it with the classic 5 Rhythms structure. Each goddess contains a particular energy or theme which is reflected in the music, taking you on journey through protection, warrior, rage, sensuality and the divine.
This dance has been developed to help women access different energies and emotions, to deepen our understanding of self, and heal the body and mind through movement and creative expression.
This is a sacred and playful space for women to explore, express and release. Together we create a safe environment to be free, to be wild, to be soft, to be vulnerable, to be powerful, to be seen, to be together.
The 5 Greek Goddesses:
- Artemis – Goddess of the moon and the hunt. Protector of women.
- Athena – Goddess of war, strategy. The Warrior.
- Hera – Queen of heaven and earth. Rage.
- Aphrodite – Goddess of beauty, sensuality, creativity, playfulness and self love.
- Hestia – Goddess of the hearth. Connection with the divine, sacred priestess.
Gaia is a workshop facilitator and artist creating spaces for deep transformation and empowerment. She holds women’s circles, workshops and ceremonies around the UK, helping people to mark significant moments, move through challenges, and celebrate life.Her work combines elements of theatre games, voice work, meditation, dance and ritual, creating safe and playful environments where people can authentically connect and release.
“Gaia always holds a safe and loving space to explore the depths of our souls. It’s one of the only places I have in my life to truly be myself – no expectations, limitations or judgement.”
“Bringing her wisdom, kindness and love, Gaia creates a delicious little crucible which we can all enter into and hang out in, with our truths, our vulnerabilities, our troubles and our joys… together. The result is different every time. The result is quite simply alchemy.”
Dance of the Goddess at The Psychedelic Society will be held Friday 22nd February 2019.
Health | Dance of the Goddess at The Psychedelic Society