- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Celebrating 50 Years of Led Zeppelin at The Blues Kitchen – Brixton
It’s 50 years since English rock legends Led Zeppelin released their debut album and we’re bringing along some of London’s finest musicians to celebrate.
Released on January 12th 1969, Led Zeppelin’s first album, Led Zeppelin, amalgamates bluesy, psychedelic and garage sounds to create an incredible fusion of blues and rock. Made up of both originals and covers of contemporary blues and folk songs the energetic, spontaneous and, at times, raw spirit produced is a reflection of the minimal cost and the short time taken to make the album (just 36 hours). It definitively set the benchmark for the adaptive and creative nature of the group for the rest of their career.
With such a remarkable selection of tracks, and an enduring legacy in music history, we’re celebrating the 50-year anniversary of the release of Led Zeppelin with a full live performance. From the heavy intro of “Good Times Bad Times”, through the delta blues sounds of “You Shook Me”, to the guitar riff-laden “How Many More Times”, a collection of London’s biggest talents play the album cover-to-cover, with a few other Led Zeppelin greats thrown in for good measure.
Experience this enduring hard-rock classic 50 years on at The Blues Kitchen.
Celebrating 50 Years of Led Zeppelin at The Blues Kitchen – Brixton will be held Thursday 21st February 2019.
Music | Celebrating 50 Years of Led Zeppelin