- Bat The Father, Rabbit The Son Written and performed by Donal O’Kelly
- Feeding Time: an event by and for young people aged 14 to 19
- Secret Sunrise London – Earth Hour Global Dance at Southbank Observation Place
- Movies, Memories, Magic at the iconic Cinema Museum
- Indian Hatha Yoga, Pranayama & Mantra With Ravi Dixit
- Kanan Gill Live – Central London at Greenwood Theatre
- Mobo Award-Winning Club Rotation Returns To Subterania
- Rave Rituals Saturday Rave
- Performance by Adam Christensen at Camdens Art Centre
- Paint like Picasso! Shoreditch
Carnival of the Animals & Peter and the Wolf
Animals galore in a fun afternoon concert that’s perfect for all the family!
Lions, elephants and kangaroos as well as an elegant swan, a cheeky duck and a big bad wolf will take over St John the Evangelist on Sunday 17thMarch. But it’s not a menagerie on the run! It’s the London Mozart Players breathing life into the animals of Saint-Saëns brilliantly comic Carnival of the Animals and Prokofiev’s evergreen and dramatic Peter and the Wolf.
This fully immersive and interactive concert will include original poetry from local children in collaboration with literacy workshop experts Well Versed Ink, along with a pre-concert ‘lumière’ display of animal illustrations that will bring Saint-Saëns’ roaring lions and braying donkeys to life. There’s also a sparkling retelling of Prokofiev’s classic Peter and the Wolf by Polly Ives, with youngsters invited to a free creative mask-making workshop so they can take part in the story, and there may be some surprise guests that make the afternoon even more thrilling!
Also on our exciting indoor safari will be young instrumentalists from Rockmount and Cypress Primary Schools who’ll join in the fun and perform alongside the LMP. And, in an epic finale, Tim Spoerer and his ensemble will present a high-energy djembe-drumming world premiere that will bring the sound of Africa to south London!
Perfect for animal lovers of all ages, this is a grrrrrrreat way to introduce younger family members to live classical music.
Carnival of the Animals & Peter and the Wolf can be seen at St John the Evangelist, Upper Norwood on Sunday 17th of March 2019.
Entertainment | Carnival of the Animals & Peter and the Wolf