- Curator’s talk with Ellen Greig
- Start Selling Online Without Buying Products – Dropshipping Ecommerce E-commerce
- A Day on Potential at Birkbeck – University of London
- We Love Soul meets ActiveLove Roof Terrace BBQ Ft. Ingrid
- Easy – Healthy – Delicious at Rachel’s Kitchen
- Last Frame Smartphone Film Festival
- Lynn Ruth Miller and Ben Clover at Comedy Cabin
- An Orchestral Rendition of Kanye West
- The Dark Eighties: Cult 80s Hit Party
- Century Twenty Design Shows – Midcentury Modern Furniture and Homeware Fair
Basic Legal Contracts for Filmmakers
Once your film is finished and ready to be sold, you will have to show the “chain of title” to any prospective film buyer. If you fail to do this you will never be able to sell your film.
This class is all about the basic legal contracts for filmmakers. This evening class is designed to answer fundamental questions about the rights attaching to a film and its component parts and the contracts required to acquire, clear and protect those rights. View it as vital health insurance for filmmakers!
What you will learn
- Copyright explained and the rights of creatives and performers
- The key elements of a contract
- Provides practical guidance on negotiating film contracts
- Demystifies commonly used legal terminology
What will you achieve?
By the end of the class, students will have a good understanding of the legal contracts and documents they will need to have drawn up before going into production.
How will you be taught?
This class is taught lecture-style with opportunities for students to ask the tutor questions.
Who should attend?
Basic Legal Contracts for Filmmakers is suitable for beginner film producers and screenwriters, as well as those interested in finding out more about the legal side of filmmaking.
About the tutor
Tony Morris has more than 35 years experience in advising on a broad range of transactional and contentious matters. He primarily focuses on the TMT sector and the creative media. Tony’s clients include film, TV, record companies, music publishers, composers, musicians, book and online publishers, as well as brands and other creatives and media companies. He is also active as a qualified Arbitrator and an Accredited Mediator. Tony is the principal legal advisor for Raindance Film Festival.
Additional resources for Basic Legal Contracts
- Common mistakes filmmakers make
- FilmFilm finance terms A-Z
The course Basic Legal Contracts for Filmmakers will be held on Tuesday 19th of March 2019.
Business & Film | Basic Legal Contracts for Filmmakers