- Bat The Father, Rabbit The Son Written and performed by Donal O’Kelly
- Feeding Time: an event by and for young people aged 14 to 19
- Secret Sunrise London – Earth Hour Global Dance at Southbank Observation Place
- Movies, Memories, Magic at the iconic Cinema Museum
- Indian Hatha Yoga, Pranayama & Mantra With Ravi Dixit
- Kanan Gill Live – Central London at Greenwood Theatre
- Mobo Award-Winning Club Rotation Returns To Subterania
- Rave Rituals Saturday Rave
- Performance by Adam Christensen at Camdens Art Centre
- Paint like Picasso! Shoreditch
Bangladeshi Brunch with Dina Begum at Darjeeling Express
Bangladesh is known for seasonal eating. Six unique seasons shape the food culture of this beautiful country which incorporates harvests, festivals, and national holidays.
Food writer and author of Brick Lane Cookbook Dina Begum will introduce classic dishes which reflect the delicious Bangladeshi home cooking that she grew up eating but was not available in restaurants.
Heritage recipes, family favourites passed on from her mother, as well as recipes from her cookbook, showcase techniques and flavours for the winter season.
Chotpoti – a Bangladeshi street food classic. Layers of potato and chickpeas are topped with tomato, cucumber, eggs and spices, and dressed with a tart and slightly sweet tamarind sauce. Refreshing, spicy and moreish!
Shartkora diye Mangshor Jhuri – shredded beef cooked in a thick gravy with the prized Shatkora – an aromatic and slightly bitter citrus fruit native to the Sylhet region of Bangladesh
Shatkora diye Katol Jhuri – shredded jackfruit cooked in a spicy gravy with Shatkora (vegetarian option)
Vegetable Niramisha – seasonal vegetables cooked with turmeric, cumin and Bangla five spice
Chitol Pitha – rice flour crumpets – one of many varieties of Pitha, which are a winter specialty
Birun Bhaat – sticky rice
Classic Bangla salad of red onions, tomatoes and cucumber
Shemai – vermicelli pudding made with milk, and enlivened with warming spices and ghee
Narkeler Shomsha – fried, handmade pastries filled with molasses sweetened coconut
Milky, Bangladeshi tea made with Dina’s secret spice blend.
Bangladeshi Brunch with Dina Begum at Darjeeling Express Sunday 27th January 2019.
Food | Bangladeshi Brunch with Dina Begum at Darjeeling Express