- Met prepares for Pride in London celebrations
- Transport for London reports record high levels of cycling in the capital
- Luxury Fashion and Jewellery Pop-up at Morton’s Private Members Club
- 2019 – 30th Ealing Beer Festival
- Contemplate – free art exhibition exploring identity through food
- Olympia live at The Old Blue Last
- Life Goes On – Free Screening
- Secondhand Furniture sale
- Bubble Rush – Avery Hill Park
- Innervisions Festival | Janet Kay & Carroll Thompson
Back to Black: Celebrating Amy Winehouse at The Blues Kitchen – Brixton
We end April with a tribute to the legacy of one of North London’s ultimate musical talents: Amy Winehouse.
With her passing in 2011, the world mourned the loss of a true star in Amy. With influences in soul and jazz she brought the old-school sounds of the 60’s and 70’s into the 21st century, arguably producing some of the songs of the century in ‘Rehab’ and ‘Valerie’ to name just two. Our incredible house band play some of the biggest hits from ‘Frank’, ‘Back to Black’ and more in an evening dedicated to the one and only Amy Winehouse.
Atlantic Soul Orchestra play the late set from 12:45am with nothing but the very best in dance music originals and glorious soulful sounds to choose from. Downstairs you’ll find James Riley Quartet, one of London’s most exciting upcoming talents, providing a soundtrack of thumpin’ blues and country.
Our resident DJ Edgar Blanco spins vintage dance classics throughout the night.
Back to Black: Celebrating Amy Winehouse at The Blues Kitchen – Brixton will be held on Friday 26th of April 2019.
Music | Back to Black: Celebrating Amy Winehouse at The Blues Kitchen – Brixton