- Cornish rock trio William The Conqueror heading to London’s The Lexington
- Scott Lavene – Unveils sci-fi ‘Superclean’ Video
- The Twang return with brand new single Everytime
- Frankie Lee – Celebrates the release of ‘Stillwater’ at Omeara this month
- Thinking on Sunday: Women of Westminster – The MPs Who Changed Politics
- Memory: short films Session
- LARC Film Club x SWARM Festival of Resistance
- Best Baguette London 2019 – La finale
- Feminist Book Fortnight: Rebecca Tamás & Lucy Mercer
- JORDAN with Cathi Unsworth Defying Gravity
Andy K’s New Year Yin & Poetry
Join Andy on a Yin Yoga journey incorporating music, poetry and meditation. This restorative and juicy practice will allow you to flow rhythmically in body, mind and soul, providing you with deep nourishment and replenishment. A soothing and healing workshop that will heighten your senses, provide you with space to re-connect with yourself in a deep embrace of curiosity and compassion, and leave you feeling profoundly revitalised.
Yin Yoga reminds us that it is the path that matters and not the destination. It is a mindful and passive practice, that allows the muscles of the body and mind to deeply relax. Yin Yoga creates space in the joints and connective tissue, allowing you to release tension physically, mentally and emotionally as you nurture yourself with an open-minded attitude of acceptance and love.
Andy cartwheeled her way around the world with Argentina’s gymnastics team before settling in London 17 years ago. She’s been practicing yoga ever since and 5 years ago decided to train as a teacher. Andy has completed 200 hours vinyasa training, 20.5 hours Forrest yoga and 150 hours yin yoga training with her teacher and friend Biff Mithoefer. Biff has been a great inspiration to Andy and has had a major influence on how she teaches yoga and lives her life off the mat.
Her vinyasa classes focus on breath work and alignment, as well as restorative yin yoga elements, but mainly aim to be fun and enjoyable whilst giving you the motivation to greatly improve your practice. Prepare to sweat, stretch, relax, laugh and breathe. Andy’s Yoga playlists are legendary as is her love of glitter and her secret box of sparkly festival catsuits.
Andy has a huge passion for teaching yin yoga. Her classes fuse yin, beautiful poetry and live music creating an environment that will inspire, energise and soothe. The poetry will take students from body into mind it’s healing, it’s deep it enhances the journey into blissful meditation.
Experience Andy K’s New Year Yin & Poetry on Sunday, January 6, 2019 at Yoke.
Training & Health | Experience Andy K’s New Year Yin & Poetry