- Met prepares for Pride in London celebrations
- Transport for London reports record high levels of cycling in the capital
- Luxury Fashion and Jewellery Pop-up at Morton’s Private Members Club
- 2019 – 30th Ealing Beer Festival
- Contemplate – free art exhibition exploring identity through food
- Olympia live at The Old Blue Last
- Life Goes On – Free Screening
- Secondhand Furniture sale
- Bubble Rush – Avery Hill Park
- Innervisions Festival | Janet Kay & Carroll Thompson
ABC The Lexicon of Love
Due to incredible popular demand, Lexicon Of ABC Martin Fry will be returning to the iconic Royal Albert Hall as part of their UK tour in April 2019. The band will perform their classic debut album ‘The Lexicon of Love’ in its entirety, as well as their greatest hits, once again with orchestral accompaniment from the Southbank Sinfonia conducted by longtime collaborator Anne Dudley.
Released in 1982, ABC’s debut album ‘The Lexicon of Love’ went straight to number one and thus became one of the landmark records of the 80s. Fusing the world of disco funk with the Sheffield band’s own unique New Wave post-modern punk vision, the album spawned timeless tracks such ‘Poison Arrow’, ‘The Look Of Love’, ‘Tears Are Not Enough’, and ‘All Of My Heart’.
About the show, Martin Fry said:
“For me the excitement is building. This truly is my favourite show to perform. There’s a magical combination at play in the spark between the band, the orchestra and of course Anne Dudley conducting. It all adds to a very special evening!”
“Lavish, intricate, spirited and funky”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ The Daily Telegraph
“His baritone as suave as his three piece suit…. He [Martin Fry] still has a mean falsetto, still finishes each line with that debonair flourish.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐ The Times
“The Glossy pop funk still sounds not just remarkably fresh, but remarkably consistent”
⭐⭐⭐⭐ The Guardian
ABC April 2019 Tour
ABC The Lexicon of Love can be seen Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at the Royal Albert Hall.
Entertainment | ABC The Lexicon of Love